Quick Access Popup (a new and improved version of the old Folders Popup) is a well-designed tool which makes it easier to access your most frequently-used folders and applications.
Once the program is running, middle-clicking the mouse or pressing Win+W inside an Explorer window (which can include Open/ Save dialogs) opens a menu with various shortcuts.
Common folders like your user profile, Windows or Program Files are a click away. You can reopen recently-closed folders, browse your favourites, or maybe add the current folder or some important applications to the list for speedy reopening later.
This works at the command line, too. No need to manually type lengthy paths any more, and then realise you've forgotten to use quotes: just middle-click, select a folder and Quick Access Popup enters the necessary CD command for you.
There are plenty of configuration options. Remove some or all of the default folders, and new ones, tweak some or all of the hotkeys, it's up to you.
Quick Access Popup extends the package with FTP support, automatically logging in to FTP sites with Explorer, Directory Opus or Total Commander.
Smarter group and favourite support means you're now able to open multiple favorite folders with a single click.
A new Add/ Edit Favorites dialog provides a host of advanced settings, including the ability to display the folder with a given size and position.
Individual folders and even submenus may now be opened with a hotkey.
If you've been using Folders Popup, an Import option grabs your existing favorites to help you get started right away.
- display a clean error message if user who installed QAP v9.4+ with portable zip file did not update JLicons.dll file to v1.5 - in the "Easy Setup" installer, removed the optional task to import settings from Folders Popup (ancestor of Quick Access Popup, latest version v5.2.3, September 2016)
- Folders Popup users wanting to convert their settings to Quick Access Popup must first install QAP version v184.108.40.206 (or before), and then upgrade to the latest QAP version
- no change for users doing portable installation with the ZIP fileQAP loading icon missing error)
- fix bug when opening group of folders in Directory Opus or Total Commander and the "Use tabs" option is disabled, now open each folder in a new window
- when opening the first folder of a group in Directory Opus, if the app is not running, add a delay after launching it to prevent an intermittent bug leaving the new tab empty
- fix bug when changing hotkey for Alternative menu features leaving previous hotkeys alive until QAP was reloaded
- in "QAP Icon Replacements", support replacement with another QAP icon from JLicons (e.g. "iconFolderLive=iconFolder")
- in "Check for update", add support for Alpha branch, in addition to Beta and Master (prod) branches
A good-looking, easy-to-use folder and application launcher.