When you need to demonstrate how something is done, if you are not able to guide someone through the process in person, the next best thing is a video tutorial. Camtasia for Mac is a screen recording utility that can be used to record on-screen activity and save it as a video file.
Ideal for creating video tutorials as well as demonstrations, Camtasia can be used in a variety of ways. You may not want to capture your desktop in its entirety and it is possible to limit capture to a portion of your screen.
On the audio front you can opt to use a microphone to record voiceovers as well as recording sounds generated by your Mac. An audio cleanup tool is available to help you to eliminate any unwanted background noise that may have been captured. Longer recording sessions can be paused and resumed so you don’t need to capture everything in one sitting.
The SmartFocus features means that it is possible to focus videos in on the main part of the action - you may want to temporarily zoom in on a particular window to highlight some detail for example. With the option of using scene transitions, text and image overlays and much more, Camtasia enables you to produce professional results with ease.
What's new in 2018.0.6 (see changelog for more)?
- Fixed issue that prevented users on MacBook Pro (2018 or later) and iMac Pro (2017 or later) from recording system audio
- Fixed issue that could prevent users from importing Powerpoint slides
- Fixed issue that could cause the playhead bar to become invisible on macOS Mojave
- Fixed issue that prevented users on macOS Mojave from clicking on items in the Library
- Fixed issue that prevented users on macOS Mojave from closing open Groups on the timeline
- Fixed issue that caused Table of Contents thumbnails to appear as blank when exported as a SCORM package
- Fixed issue that prevented Cursor FX from being applied when the system cursor was not the default size
An advanced, professional and efficient ways to capture desktop activity and create video tutorials.