With a large number of instant messaging services available - MSN, AIM, Yahoo! etc - it is likely that you have a number of IM accounts. This can mean having several instant messaging clients installed, but Trillian can be used to access all of your contacts from one handy interface.
The latest (v5) version of the program not only features a new look, but also a raft of new features. As Trillian can be installed on more than one computer and is available for numerous different platforms, the new synchronised chat history enables you to read through your message logs on any computer with the software installed.
Social networking support is also available in Trillian so you can keep up to date with Twitter, Facebook, RSS feeds, Foursquare and LinkedIn. As Windows 7 features built-in support for GPS, Foursquare users can take advantage of location aware features.
With support for AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!, Google, Facebook Chat, Jabber, Skype and more, Trillian is one of the most comprehensive instant messaging tools available. The streamlined interface and associated performance gains make the program a joy to use and the use of skins and plugins means that Trillian is hugely customisable.
Trillian 6.2 build 11 ships with a number of enhancements:
- Settings: Dark theme for settings
- Policy: Automatically prune viewable messages based on policy setting
- Contact List: Changed order of server groups for people outside organization and group chats
- Chat Window: Correctly badge unread @mentions on muted windows
- Chat Window: Fixed crash related to large incoming media images
- Chat WIndow: Taskbar setting could result in incorrect badging when combined
- Chat Window: Unread badge can draw on top of timestamp in chat list
- Chat Window: When adding people to create a group chat, incorrect title is shown
- Emoji: Emoji drawing fails on certain DPI settings
-Policy: IP Address validation without mask may validate incorrectly
Existing Trillian users will appreciate the tweaks and enhancements that have been made to the program, while new-comers will benefit from a wonderfully easy to use and feature packed IM and social networking tool.