Franz is a simple messaging application which supports 14 popular services.
The program works with Skype, WhatsApp, Steam Chat, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, HipChat, GroupMe, ChatWork, Grape, Discord, WeChat, Hangouts and Glitter.
It's also extremely flexible. You don't have to choose a single service and log on just to that. You're able to add logon details for multiple services, including multiple accounts on the same service, then switch between them in a click or two.
Inevitably this "one size fits all" approach means you don't get all the options provided with the original chat clients.
But this is still an early release and the developer says more service-specific customisations will be arriving soon.
What's new in v5 beta 14 (see changelog for more)?
- App: Add link to changelog in app update notification (2cbd938)
- App: Add option to enable/disable spell checker (dcab45a)
- App: Add option to mute all services in sidebar (f5a9aa2), closes #8 #162
- App: Decrease minimum window size to 600px width (2521621), closes #239
- App: Respect System DoNotDisturb mode for service audio (7d41227), closes #162
- Service: Add option to display disabled services in tabs (1839eff)
- Service: Add option to mute service (b405ba1)
- Service: Add dialog to reload crashed services (259d40c) (dannyqiu)
- Translations: Added new translations and improved existing ones. A million thanks to the amazing community.
A handy desktop hub for all your web chats.