ESET NOD32 Antivirus 12 is the latest version of ESET's popular antivirus package. As before, it has so many features it's more like a security suite: you get an antivirus engine, social media and web browsing protection and an antiphishing module.
New features include an advanced memory scanner, which checks application in RAM, so bypassing many of the tricks malware might use to hide its real code.
An Exploit Blocker shields commonly-targeted applications - browsers, email clients, Microsoft Office, PDF readers - from malicious attempts to exploit their security flaws.
A Device Control module builds on the previous Removable Media functionality, allowing you to take complete control over the ways your users can access and work with any given device type.
The Antiphishing module now blocks scam sites, and allows feedback (both reporting of suspect sites and false positives) from users. Enhanced social networking support sees the program able to scan your Twitter account, as well as Facebook, for threats and security issues. And the package is also more compatible, running properly on Windows 10, and with a mail plugin which fully supports Windows Live Mail and Office 2019.
What's new in 12.1 (see changelog for more)?
- Added: Behavioral Monitor settings in “Advanced setup”
- Added: Indonesian localization
- Added: Customer Experience Improvement Program
- Added: Automatic detection of Airplane mode
- Added: Information about scanned files by Real-time file system protection
- Improved: Reduced size of installer
- Improved: Product upgrade process including over-night updates
- Improved: PUA communication and term use throughout product (“Threat” has been replaced with “Detection” when PUA is detected)
- Improved: Redesigned Webcam protection rules editor in “Advanced setup”
- Improved: User is notified if Banking and Payment Protection is running on unsecured WiFi
- Improved: Updated in-browser page layout of Banking and Payment Protection
- Improved: Minor user interface improvements on Computer scan screen
- Improved: Communication of referral across product
- Improved: Minor user interface improvements on Security Report page
- Changed: EGUI runs only when it is necessary
- Fixed: Various functional and localization bugs
A versatile and comprehensive antivirus package with some welcome new features