AVG Internet Security is the mid-range security suite from AVAST since they took over AVG.
What the security aims to achieve is blend the best technologies from each company.
The new release gets real-time protection against zero-day malware via "CyberCapture, the company’s proprietary, cloud-based smart file scanner."
An online shield blocks access to malicious links and websites.
You're now able to install and run AVG Internet Security alongside other security products. The program automatically installs using a new "Passive Mode" to avoid any conflicts or issues.
A new Secure DNS feature verifies a website's address using secure DNS servers to prevent redirections to fake sites.
The program still offers all the regular malware detection and blocking features of previous editions, and a revamped interface makes it easier to explore and use.
The new "Software Updater" tool will check for new updates to installed software and will either recommend you upgrade or will download and install automatically, in the background.
It's worth noting that AVG Internet Security includes an "unlimited" licence when you purchase the commercial version. This enables you to install and activate any device you own, including Mac and Android devices.
What's new in 19.8?
- Hello, menu, my new friend - Check out all the useful shortcuts we’ve added to our top-right menu
- Goodbye, double-click - You no longer have to click twice on our popups to open or close them
- Smarter Smart Scan - Virus scan now deals with threats automatically, so you don’t have to sit through our scans
- “Reboot” got the boot - A redundant reboot message was fixed. A redundant reboot message was fixed
- Firewall fix - Changing your Firewall settings will now (gasp!) actually change your Firewall settings
- Passive Mode fix - Turning on or off Passive Mode no longer shows an infinitely spinning circle (your cat may miss this one, but you won’t)
The new AVG Internet Security has some welcome new features and we'll be interested to see how (or if) they translate into improved protection.