There is no shortage of programs that can be used to download torrents, but BitComet has a combination of features which make it worth checking out. As well as support for standard torrent files, the program can make use of magnet links and downloads that have been paused can be quickly resumed without the need for time consuming file scans.
As well as torrents, the program can also be used to perform HTTP and FTP download, with support for multiple mirrors helping to speed up downloads. uPNP port mapping is automatically configured so there is no need to worry about not been able to connect to other downloaders.
Many file types, including AVI and WMV, can be previewed before a download has completely finished, and intelligent automatic file renaming makes it easier to organise your files. Download prioritising can be used to force one particular download to finish before others, and download and upload speeds will be automatically configured to suit your internet connection.
The program interface includes links to a number of popular torrent sites so you can perform searches without having to fire up your web browser. Tagging and favouriting options make it easy to bookmark sites and torrents for use at a later date.
What's new in 1.54 (see changelog for more)?
- GUI Improved: add log out action when all task finished
- GUI Improved: increase disk cache max limit for 64 bits system
- GUI Improved: add option to disable peer exchange globally in advanced page of Option window
- GUI Improved: update translations
- GUI Bugfix: crash when remove task if file list pane tab reordered
- GUI Bugfix: should not use index.html as default file name if no name found in Magnet URI dragged from web page
- Core Improve: decrease disk cache size when page file insufficient
- Core Bugfix: incoming connection should be disconnected immediately when invalid encryption BitTorrent protocol detected
A fully featured torrent client offering superb download speeds.