TagScanner is a versatile tag editor that makes it easy to organise your music collection.
The program can automatically tag your audio files by working with file and folder names, or online databases (Freedb, Tractype, Amazon, Discogs).
Unusually, it's also able to work in the other direction, renaming files based on tags and other information. So if you currently have thousands of tracks that follow, well, no consistent naming structure at all, then this will fix the problem in just a minute or two.
And the program is compatible with all the standards you need. It can handle embedded lyrics and cover art. The program understands a wide range of tag types: ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata. And there's support for MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, and MP4 files, with a built-in audio player allowing you to listen while the program works.
Version 6.0.25 brings (changelog):
- New: Online results window are now shows track length if available
- Improved: Stability while saving tags into multiple huge files
- Improved: Now you can paste single tag from buffer to all selected files
- Improved: Playback loop control
- Improved: Fast forward and rewind while playing
- Improved: Program are now import genre info from Discogs to CONTENTGROUP field
- Improved: Additional logic on parsing Vorbis comments fields from foobar2000
- Updated MP4 metadata support
- Changed: Program now use 'xxx' language marker for ID3v2 frame USLT to prevent problems with reading lyrics in some players
- Translation: Bulgarian, Serbian (Latin)
A versatile, full-featured audio tag editor