PhotoScape X is a simple graphics editor that might at first look short on features. There's no layer support, for instance. No clever selection tools, and no choice of colour models. It's extremely strong on the core photo editing basics, though, which means they're very easy to use.
There's one-click adjustment for brightness, contrast, sharpness, lighting and more, for instance. You can add a fancy frame to your photo by selecting it from a list. And text captions, speech bubbles and other objects can be added to the picture in seconds.
Cropping a photo is very straightforward. You're able to choose the size, aspect ratio and even shape of the cropped area beforehand, and can then adjust it manually to get the precise effect you need.
Resizing is just as simple, as by default the program maintains the aspect ratio of your photos. Just specify the new height or width of an image and the other will be changed proportionally.
There are some surprisingly powerful extras to be found here, too. An excellent batch editor will process a folder full of images in seconds, for instance. There's also a very capable animated GIF creator, a screen grab tool, lots of options for printing your images in a variety of layouts, and a whole lot more.
What's new in 3.0.1 (see history for more)?
- Added ‘Auto Color’ filter
- Added ’Surrealistic’ filter
- Added 26 Blurred Textures
- Added 210 Face and 60 Ball Stickers
- Added Margins option to Print tab
- Added Zoom (Actual Pixels) option to Preferences
- Added ‘Fit & Fill (Don’t Enlarge)’ option to Loupe View and Full Screen
- Improved Color Balance, Point Color, Replace Color, and Cut Out
- Improved RAW support
- Improved UI
- Fixed permission issue on macOS Mojave 10.14 (macOS)
A good, if basic graphics editor. Worth a look if your needs are simple, or you could use extras like the animated GIF creator