Camtasia (previously Camtasia Studio) is a powerful screencasting tool that makes it easy to record what's happening on your PC, convert the results into a polished presentation, then share it with the world.
The program has many applications. You could use it to create a demo of your latest software, for instance. Or a technical support clip showing people how to perform some complicated PC task. Camtasia can record your performance in many games, so you can show off your skills. And it's even able to save a local copy of a streaming video clip, complete with audio.
Capturing is straightforward. Choose the size or window you'd like to capture, click the Record button and carry out whatever actions you need. Press [F10] when you're finished and Camtasia will convert your screen activity into a movie.
A wide range of editing options will then help to change your rough cut into something more professional. You're able to insert title pages, apply captions, include photos or video clips, add a soundtrack, and more. It's easy to highlight cursor movements and mouse clicks to help people see what you're doing, or, if you prefer, you can have Camtasia zoom in on important areas. It's even possible to add graphics with clickable links that will take viewers to another part of the video, or an external web page.
When you've finished, Camtasia can export your movie to many different formats: MP4, FLV, SWF, MPV, AVI, Silverlight-compatible WMV, MOV, RM, even animated GIF or MP3. Or, if you prefer, the program will upload your movie directly to YouTube or Screencast.com, TechSmith's own video hosting service.
What's new in Camtasia 2018.0.1 (see full changelog for more)?
- Fixed bugs with library upgrading.
- Fixed bugs with libzip importing.
- Fixed bugs with MP4 and MOV performance.
- Fixed a bug with delete files selection in Deployment Tool.
- Fixed a bug with Deployment Tool not using language selection.
- Fixed a crash when audio placed on 60 fps timeline.
- Fixed a crash when dragging an unsaved GIF from Snagit to Camtasia.
- Fixed a crash when applying noise removal to certain MP3s.
- Fixed a crash when applying clip speed to audio.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Camtasia Studio is a great screen recorder and video editor, but will you love it enough to pay the heavyweight price?