ACDSee Photo Studio is a versatile graphics application to help organise, search, enhance and edit your digital photos.
Management tools enable you to browse your folders, view images, or search for others by name or whatever metadata tags you need.
The ability to rate, tag and colour-code pictures makes it even easier to find them again later. And there's quick map-based geocoding for your images, too.
The core viewer is much smarter than in similar software. There's an Auto EQ feature to optimise exposure, Magnifying Glass and Navigator tools to zoom in on fine detail, Auto Lens View shows previews of the image with various filters applied, and the image metadata and histogram are always on hand.
ACDSee doesn't claim to be a full-featured image editor, but it still has an impressive feature set. There are the core flip, crop and resize tools, automatic exposure management, smart noise reduction, lighting and colour corrections.
The program has a strong set of filters, 50+ special effects, and you can customise how they're applied with assorted brushes and selection tools.
Images may be saved as individual files, slideshows, videos, HTML albums and more, and uploaded to flickr, SmugMug, Facebook, or ACDSee's own custom cloud storage service.
Photos Mode enables quick browsing of your photo collection, organising it by year, month or day.
ACDSee now imports your Lightroom database in just a few clicks, while integrating your OneDrive folder for speedy access to cloud images.
There's also 4K monitor support, improved white balance editing and a revamped colour picker.
What's new in v22 (see the release notes for information)?
- Added Convert to Black & White tool in Edit mode: can increase or decrease the contrast of each individual color, and specify the brightness range that the contrast adjustment will target
- Import and apply Color LUTs in Edit mode
- Support for HEIF: decodes this high efficiency media container format for images and image sequences
- Auto Advance: adding metadata prompts ACDSee to automatically advance to the next image
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts in Manage mode
- Added Watermark tool in Edit mode
A complex interface means ACDSee Photo Manager takes a while to learn, but this is time well spent - it's a very powerful program, packed with useful management and photo-sharing features.