To register a new client into Opsview, you need to have fulfilled the opsview-agent prerequesties.
This completed, you will need to use the GUI to register the host client into Opsview.
1. Click SETTINGS > BASIC > HOSTS
2. Click the '+' icon
3. Fill in the required boxes, pay attention to the 'host templates' box at the bottom. This is where you can configure in pre-set service check templates
4. Select NOTIFICATIONS at the top of your tab, selecting the required options. Navigate the remaining tabs if you wish to make adjustments here.
5. Click 'submit changes'.
6. Now we need to apply these changes - CONFIGURATION > APPLY CHANGES
7. Click 'RELOAD CONFIGURATION'
Find your next job with techworld jobs