Business process monitoring enables you to get a complete picture of the performance of services and systems that are key to the running of your organisation. This blog post will tell you how to create a business process dashboard - this example demonstrates end-to-end monitoring of your web site.
2. Now we have our checks created, we will need to assign these to a host using a host template:
Go to: CONFIGURATION > HOST TEMPLATES
3. Click ‘MONITORS’, then select the monitors to be added to your Host Template.
4. Once you have created your host template, you can now apply this to your host (see previous article on how to apply a host template for Operating System monitoring).
5. A dashboard will need to be created to provide a business window into your health monitors.
CONFIGURATION > KEYWORDS
6. Click ‘OBJECTS’, then apply the service checks appropriate for your dashboard.
7. Reload opsview, then go to:
STATUS > KEYWORD SUMMARY. You will now see your new dashboard.
This dashboard provides a window into your complete business flow - from DNS checks, through to SSL certificate expiry, to website response times.
You can set up checks for as many services as needed to get an overall picture of the health of your systems.
Find your next job with techworld jobs