Companies are still struggling with the cultural changes that a social business implementation requires
A $40 billion valuation would dwarf Twitter's $25.1bn
27 November 2014, 09:09. Topics: Apps
3D printers can be used to manufacture everything from shoes to rocket components
26 November 2014, 21:16. Topics: Start-Ups
Startups using the facility to network with potential customers and partners. What's next?
26 November 2014, 15:29. Topics: Start-Ups
It will be used for the IT Innovation Seed Fund Challenge, which aims to fund small, innovative IT projects
26 November 2014, 12:09. Topics: Start-Ups
- NHS Academic Health Science Networks join forces with technology business incubator
- Techworld Awards: Darktrace wins Enterprise Startup of the Year
- Goldman Sachs invests in big data startup
- Cambridge firm CSR announces indoor positioning SDK for Android developers
- Let the battle commence: Apple looks to quash Spotify by integrating Beats into iPhone
Monitors behaviour of people inside the network instead of trying to keep them out
25 November 2014, 16:40. Topics: Security
As Shoreditch rents increase, a new tech playground is spawning
25 November 2014, 08:00. Topics: Start-Ups
Awards recognise leading innovations across all parts of IT industry.
21 November 2014, 15:15. Topics: Start-Ups
Digital Business Academy aims to equip people with skills they need to launch a tech startup
19 November 2014, 11:35. Topics: Start-Ups
- Interview: Neil Crockett, CEO of Innovate UK’s Digital Catapult Centre
- Hailo CTO: 'I've never used Uber and nor will I'
- Can Lisbon's universities help the city become a leading European tech hub?
- 150 startups and VCs call on government to sort out visas, broadband, tax, skills and regulation
- Big ambitions for a small island: Isle of Man aims to be recognised as global tech hub
Search engine optimisation is an ever-evolving craft. We interviewed dozens of experts to glean the most effective tips and tricks
A look at the social media specialist role and what you should expect regarding skills, experience, responsibilities and salary
As Internet users turn increasingly to video for their daily LOL, how can your small business take advantage of the trend?
Google will soon penalise 'overly optimised' websites. How can your website remain on the search giant's good side?
Streamline and improve your user response
Also in slideshows:
Organisations are struggling to keep pace with the changing security needs and demands of their user base. Well established trends such as the move to mobile and flexible working and the consumerisation of IT mean that there is increasing pressure on organisations to open up their infrastructure to end users who want to bring their own devices – be they tablets, netbooks, laptops or smartphones – to work.
Data loss is inevitable. At some point it will happen to all companies. It could be a simple PC meltdown, a hard-drive crash, or something much worse.
If you neglect to protect your mission-critical applications and data, even the smallest of disasters can have a devastating impact on your business.
Today's cybercriminals are after your most important information - financial records, customer data, user accounts and intellectual property - and they know that small and medium businesses (SMBs)typically have fewer defences than the average large company.