Companies are still struggling with the cultural changes that a social business implementation requires
Enables them to integrate new location-based capabilities and services into their apps
20 November 2014, 13:00. Topics: Mobile
Swedish firm has 50 million active users but there are over a hundred million iPhones globally
20 November 2014, 11:51. Topics: Start-Ups
The London startup wants to ensure it filters content as effectively as possible
18 November 2014, 21:13. Topics: Wearables
Receives 60 business proposals in two weeks
18 November 2014, 10:23. Topics: Start-Ups
- Huddle claims 'Facebook at Work' won't be suitable for enterprise
- Spotify and Uber team up to allow passengers to stream playlists
- UK tech firms get better valuations in New York than London claims Nasdaq boss
- Government urged to support tech "scale-ups" and not just startups
- DVLA backs TechHub startup move in Swansea to help reduce reliance on big IT suppliers
Awards recognise leading innovations across all parts of IT industry.
21 November 2014, 15:15. Topics: Start-Ups
Digital Business Academy aims to equip people with skills they need to launch a tech startup
19 November 2014, 11:35. Topics: Start-Ups
Announces three regional hubs as London HQ opens for business
05 November 2014, 08:00. Topics: Start-Ups
- Can Lisbon's universities help the city become a leading European tech hub?
- 150 startups and VCs call on government to sort out visas, broadband, tax, skills and regulation
- Big ambitions for a small island: Isle of Man aims to be recognised as global tech hub
- Comment: The UK tech scene is about more than London
- Why did Microsoft choose to put its cybersecurity accelerator in Israel?
Search engine optimisation is an ever-evolving craft. We interviewed dozens of experts to glean the most effective tips and tricks
A look at the social media specialist role and what you should expect regarding skills, experience, responsibilities and salary
As Internet users turn increasingly to video for their daily LOL, how can your small business take advantage of the trend?
Google will soon penalise 'overly optimised' websites. How can your website remain on the search giant's good side?
Streamline and improve your user response
Also in slideshows:
Organisations are struggling to keep pace with the changing security needs and demands of their user base. Well established trends such as the move to mobile and flexible working and the consumerisation of IT mean that there is increasing pressure on organisations to open up their infrastructure to end users who want to bring their own devices – be they tablets, netbooks, laptops or smartphones – to work.
Data loss is inevitable. At some point it will happen to all companies. It could be a simple PC meltdown, a hard-drive crash, or something much worse.
If you neglect to protect your mission-critical applications and data, even the smallest of disasters can have a devastating impact on your business.
Today's cybercriminals are after your most important information - financial records, customer data, user accounts and intellectual property - and they know that small and medium businesses (SMBs)typically have fewer defences than the average large company.