You need to know these behind-the-scenes tricks to get the most out of the current Windows Technical Preview
The Bing Developer Assistant now works with C#, but more languages are on the way
18 December 2014, 09:03. Topics: Apps
Ubuntu Core provides a minimal Lightweight Linux environment for running containers
17 December 2014, 10:32. Topics: Cloud
Customers can run Windows Server applications on Google's cloud without paying a licensing fee
09 December 2014, 09:30. Topics: Cloud
Free platform can be customised for 3m people that suffer from quadriplegia and motor neurone disease
02 December 2014, 15:38. Topics: Personal Tech
- OS X Yosemite sets Mac adoption record
- Microsoft cold-shoulders Server 2003 and XP users hit with Microsoft Update error 0x80248015
- Apache Software Foundation reels from software development problems laid bare
- Microsoft releases emergency patch to stymie Windows Server attacks
- Prominent developers pulling out of Debian as voting deadline nears
The company is hoping to convince developers to create multiscreen apps with new development environment
10 December 2014, 11:40. Topics: Operating Systems
Two weeks after users offered a fix for the MS 14-058/KB 3000061 kernel mode driver installation problem, Microsoft confirms it works
31 October 2014, 11:59. Topics: Operating Systems
- Surprise patch KB 3005628 bodes ill for Microsoft's patching strategy
- 12 things to know about Windows 10
- With new OS, Microsoft will try to put Windows 8 era behind it
- 7 reasons Apple should open-source Swift -- and 7 reasons it won't
- Microsoft pitches Windows for Internet of Things to maker community
The software you'll install on your PC is an early stage version of the OS that'll have bugs and will change a lot over time
RHEL/CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, and OpenSuse have far more similarities than differences, but choosing the wrong one for the job can make life much harder
Is your hardware on the fritz after upgrading to Windows 8? Updating your drivers could fix the problem
Don't like Windows 8? Here's how you can downgrade back to Windows 7
By default, Microsoft (inexplicably) hides this option in the new OS. Here's how to restore it.
Also in slideshows:
The analyst insight based on a survey of over 200 respondents, identifies the necessary tools needed to enable rolling forecast along with the benefits, such as increased profit margins, of utilising this strategy.
Time is running out for deploying Windows 7, but the migration path isn’t an easy one and there are many obstacles that can drive this project into overtime. Download this white paper to learn how to avoid the 7 common mistakes that may trip you up on your way to Windows 7 so you can stay on time with your deployment plan.
Until a few years ago, IT decided on, and exercised strict control over, what operating systems and applications can be installed on endpoints. No longer does IT have that luxury with multiple operating systems making inroads into the enterprise space, running on different devices with different form factors.
Download this white paper to learn about the latest trends in this area and best practices to managing a multi-OS environment in an efficient, scalable and secure way.