Fujitsu Siemens is launching new rack servers for SMEs. The two new Primergy servers, the RX330 S1 and Econel 230R S1, are based on AMD Opteron dual socket processors, are available in May, and include FSC's server management and monitoring tool.
According to FSC, the RX330 S1 can be used as either a stand-alone server or in server farms, and accepts optional redundant power supply units and extra hard disks, and is ready for the next-generation AMD quad-core CPUs.
Key features include:
- Up to two dual-core 2000 series AMD Opteron processors up to 2.8 GHz
- Up to six hot-plug SATA or SAS 3.5 inch hard disk drives
- Up to 32GB PC2-5300 DDR2 memory
- RAID 0, 1, 1E included
- Four PCIe and PCI-X slots with additional Riser option
- Hot-plug power supply as standard
- Onboard Remote server management
- Zero Channel RAID 5 Controller
"The RX330 S1 balances top-level performance, required availability and tightened IT budgets," said server VP Jens-Peter Seick. "Redundant components ensure the constant availability of applications."
Econel 230R S1
Designed as an entry-level server, the 230R S1 also provides local storage capacity as a stand-alone application server. FSC sees it bas suited for those requiring dedicated application servers, and Web and Windows Terminal servers.
<.li>Up to six "easy change" SATA or optional hot-plug SAS / SATA hard disks
Prices were not available.