Most people are aware of the fact that their web browser stores a huge amount of information about online activity, and if this should fall into the wrong hands there could be untold consequences. But it is not just web browsers that track activities - the same is true of a huge number of programs as well as Windows itself.
WIPE is a privacy tool that can be used to ensure that no revealing information about computer activity is left on your hard drive. As well as clearing your browsing history and cookies, the program will also delete auto-complete entries, clean index.dat files and remove temporary internet files.
But it doesn't end there. WIPE will also clear the clipboard and the list of recently used files maintained by Windows. To hide information about pictures that have been viewed, thumbs.db files can be deleted as RSS logs can be cleared as well as countless other program logs.
There is built in support for a wide variety of programs from web browsers and media players to office tools and instant messaging clients. There are a number of wiping methods to choose from which help to ensure that any data that is deleted cannot be recovered - including Gutmann standard which overwrites data 39 times. If you want to protect your privacy, WIPE is the tool for you.
WIPE 16.13 adds support for these apps:
• Today we made grand cleanup in the list of supported programs. Removed 71 old plugin, which was dated 2012-2015 for older versions of the most popular browsers. It looks like you already own newer versions of these browsers and there is no need to keep all this garbage in our program. It will reduce time required for our program at startup. Please uninstall our program completely and install it again in order to enjoy this change.
• Added support for browser Chrome 55 (future version).
• Added support for browser FireFox 50 (future version).
• Added support for browser IceDragon 49 (current version).
• Date of release: 23 October 2016.
WIPE makes it easy to protect your privacy and support for such a large number of programs helps to simplify the process of clearing activity logs beyond recovery.