Never agree to buy a used car without checking its history first.
Free to download, My Car Check allows you to check the vehicle details (make, model, colour etc.) of any UK registered vehicle for free by searching using the registration number.
However, the free car check is not enough information to make an important decision such as buying a used car.
For extra peace of mind one of our more comprehensive checks can be bought within the app. For only a few pounds you can avoid buying a potentially un-safe, stolen or debt-ridden vehicle, saving yourself time, money and effort, not to mention the unthinkable consequences of buying an unsafe car. Don’t risk it. Check it first.
We will usually provide:
* Make & Model
* Engine Size
* Brake Horse Power
* Body Style
* Fuel Type
* Date of Registration
* CO2 Emissions
For a fee, via in-app purchases you can also:
- See the history. Reveals whether the registration is recorded as stolen, written-off, scrapped, exported or has had colour or plate changes. (£2.99 per vehicle)
- See any recorded mileage for the registration that we have been provided from change of keepers (DVLA), garages, leasing and hire companies. (£2.99 per vehicle)
- See a valuation on the vehicle's make & model, adjusted for mileage. See an approximate price for forecourt, private sale, trade in and auction values. (£1.49 per vehicle)
Our Gold History Check for £9.99 per vehicle includes all the above, plus
- Check for Outstanding Finance
- Road tax prices
- Performance, economy and other descriptive information from SMMT for the vehicle
For the trade or frequent users:
- See extended vehicle data supplied by the SMMT, including performance, economy, dimensions and other information. New model information added every month. (£4.99 per month or £39.99 per year)
You can also search for car specification data without a registration number using our Car Data Search. Simply search with any combination of:
* Make, with optional Model
* Engine size
* Fuel Type
* Number of Doors
What's New in Version 5.15
Bug fixes for 1 Month Subscription purchase.
A quick and easy way to ensure that a potential vehicle purchase doesn’t include a nasty surprise.